Crusader Logistics prides itself in all aspects of what every transport company promises considering logistics is one of the most competitive industries in the world. Our great service, cost effectiveness, advanced monitoring systems, dedicated staff, world class facilities, flexibility and value adding supply chain partners are what makes Crusader Logistics a pacesetter in its field. Total transparency is key in our business, as we believe there can be no partnership without open communication and honesty.
Delivering excellence in transport since 2000. Founded in March 2000, Stuart Roos and Brett Harris started Crusader Carriers as a brokerage. During 2003, the company was offered the opportunity to distribute paint and chemicals around KZN and into the Eastern Cape.
During that time the core business changed from middleman brokerage to distribution, so it was decided that another business be formed separate from the brokerage arm. Crusader Logistics was established in early 2004 and sought new distribution prospects. This came in the way of national plastics manufacturers who gave Crusader Logistics the opportunity to deliver light but volumetric loads to their customers in Johannesburg.
With the backing of a strong client base, it was decided in February 2009 to merge the two entities heralding the dawn of a successful and thriving line-haul centric transport company under the mantle of Crusader Logistics.
With the intention to offer a more tailor-made solution to clients requiring an outsourced dedicated managed fleet and staffing solution, Crusader Fleet Leasing (Pty) Ltd was established in 2016. This company now has a strong vehicle complement servicing the specific needs of various companies.
CL Freight Solutions (Pty) Ltd was started a year later with long-term staff members awarded directorships in recognition for many years of loyal service. This company fulfills both an empowerment and BBBEE function for the Crusader Group.
Crusaders Logistics operates a countrywide transport network, servicing some of South Africa’s biggest companies. With the most advanced technologies, systems, committed and knowledgeable staff we will add value to your supply chain.
Our services include:
- National line-haul control centre and port-side operations based at our Head Office in Sydney Road, Durban
- AAA food grade compliant warehousing facilities and distribution centres ideally located in Pomona, Johannesburg, Logra Park, Cato Ridge and Sydney Rd, Durban
- Infrastructure to service all logistics functions from high volume commodities to FMCG requirements between our national facilities
- Flexible, cost effective and reliable national line-haul network linking all routes in the supply chain
- Cross-border services to Botswana
- Food grade compliant warehousing facilities (BRC, GFSI and PPECB)
- Fully customised and managed fleet leasing solutions
VALUE ADDED SERVICES
We offer a complete in-house distribution service supplying vehicles, drivers, forklift operators and business unit supervisors to coordinate your in-house and local distribution requirement.
Our warehousing in Durban, Cato Ridge and Johannesburg offers a full off-site warehousing and distribution solution for your FMCG and bulk requirements with warehouse management software continually being improved by our systems provider.
GIT INSURANCE COVER
GIT INSURANCE COVER
All loads are automatically covered for R2 000 000.00, without specifying, the levy is included in your rate. We are also fully covered for any environmental incident or spill clean-up caused by the movement of Hazchem products.
YEAR-ROUND VEHICLE AVAILABILITY
YEAR-ROUND VEHICLE AVAILABILITY
Our network of dedicated 3rd Party service providers ensures that we can easily accommodate your requirements, even during peak transport periods.
We have our own workshops for general maintenance and breakdown teams in JHB and DBN for tyre changes, call outs and emergency breakdown response. Together with our preferred vehicle suppliers, and extensive regional networks, we are confident downtime is kept to a minimum.
& SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
& SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
With advanced vehicle tracking, cab event recording and driver connectivity, Crusader Logistics is dedicated to keeping your load safe on the road.
ADVANCED MONITORING AND SECURITY TECHNOLOGY
- 24hr real time satellite tracking via Compass Fleet Technologies.
- Matrix vehicle tracking via a secondary unit tracked by Matrix themselves.
- 3rd tracking system in the unlikely event the primary and secondary units fail due to manipulation or tampering.
- Fully operational in-house after hours fleet controllers, in conjunction with off-site service providers.
- All fleet have in-cab event recorders supplied by Mix-Vision.
- On board driver performance computer hardware which monitors all facets of driving from diesel consumption to harsh braking.
- All drivers are assigned with cell phones.
- All PODs are scanned and backed up onto our external servers; POD requests are scanned electronically to clients or can be downloaded directly by the client via the website portal.
- We are continually testing and investing in a fully automated electronic POD / waybill platform, a first in the heavy line-haul transport sector.
- Zamatrack devices operated by trained security guards at all our facilities record all truck and driver details. Videos and images of cargo, offloading and loading are uploaded in real time to the Cloud for client records.
Mechanical horses coupled with a combination of trailer configurations to suit your individual requirements, our preferred brand for this requirement is Scania and Mercedes Benz. The entire line-haul fleet is on full maintenance contracts with the respective suppliers and each vehicle is retired from operations and therefore renewed after the mandatory 640 000km service time. This keeps our equipment maintained and minimises unnecessary downtime.
REGIONAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
Nissan and Isuzu brands are used for this requirement, both have proved themselves in the transport industry over many years across many applications.
We also have a committed network of dedicated 3rd party service providers for when demand exceeds Crusader’s fleet capacity, our 3rd parties all go through a stringent vetting process which gives us confidence in the continuity of service levels.
- ● BRC (British Retail Consortium) Global Standard for Storage & Distribution - Ambient Food & Packaging Materials - 2021 (A Grade)
- ● GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) - Storage & Distribution - 2021
- ● PPECB (Perishable Products Export Control Board) - 2021 (100%)
- ● SQAS (Safety & Quality Assessment for Sustainability-Africa) - Transport of hazardous products and for health, safety and quality systems in a transport operation - 2021-2023 (99.5%)
- ● CL Freight Solutions is a Level 1 rated B-BBEE enterprise affiliated to Crusader Logistics
- ● Crusader Logistics is a Level 5 rated B-BBEE enterprise
REQUEST A QUOTE
Please fill out and submit the enquiry form below and a member of our team will get back to you:
National Linehaul Fleet Executive
National Executive - Warehousing and Business Development
National Finance Executive
General Manager – Key Accounts and Business Development